Saturday, November 10, 2012

A new name.

I'm an idiot. A HUUUUUGE idiot. "Oh, I'll just go to a hospital, I'll be fine!" I really am stupid... Didn't even think anything was weird when they held me an extra day despite just having a broken leg and assigned "Dr. Beakman" to me. I. Am. An idiot.

The short version?

Good news: My leg is properly set, etc etc.

Bad news: Nearly got butchered by a psycho doctor, and might have gotten my first glimpse of The Plague Doctor.

The long version?

Well, after the last post I went to the hospital and told them I broke my leg after a nasty fall. Despite the fact that any well-trained doctor would probably be able to tell that I broke it from getting hit by something the size of a large animal. They healed it, but things got weird after that.

Basically, they decided to hold me an extra day for "proper examination". I didn't even get suspicious because I'm an idiot. So then a "Dr. Beakman" gets assigned to me, and he kept injecting me with these anesthetics that kept me pretty damn delirious. I don't think I would've gotten out if I hadn't seen something that made my blood run cold, and ALSO made me feel like I wanted to take a shower until I had managed to literally soak myself to the bone.

I saw The Plague Doctor.

I think the only reason I survived was because I have incredible luck. I saw him one night, walking past my door. My door was wide open and he could have looked in at any time, but I guess he was after someone else because he had walked past pretty quickly. Despite being hopped up on an anesthetic cocktail, my brain managed to get one coherent signal off to the rest of my body. RUN.

So yeah, I bolted as fast as my legs could carry me, considering one of them was broken. But nobody really stopped me. They couldn't. The majority of them were dead. The ones that weren't were well on their way. One of the guards was sprawled on the ground, vomiting blood. Another was covered in boils. Several of them were leaking something green... It was... It was... Oh my god...

I think I need a new name now. One that represents just how I've managed to stumble through all this and come out with barely any scratches...

From here on out, I'm not Bluesunnyday. I'm The Fool.

3 comments:

  1. The part I don't understand is why they had a psychiatrist treat your leg.

    Maybe there's another one out there using that name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they assigned him to me AFTER they treated my leg and...

      Wait, psychiatrist? No wonder the only thing he could really do was drug me up...

      Delete
  2. Hrm, so many people with names based off of cards.

    Well, hopefully you have better luck than they do.

    Regards,
    Mr. Benzene

    ReplyDelete